How It Works
Onboarding a new employee is generally an onerous process, involving multiple departments and several different people. While the processes involved in onboarding don’t sound too complicated in theory, with so many steps, people and records, it’s a process that is frequently delayed or otherwise problematic.
That’s where Stratus ID comes in.
With a simplified, automated and paperless workflow, Stratus ID reduces the complexity of onboarding. The ability to create and approve onboarding requests from your mobile device makes onboarding an anywhere, anytime task. The simplified workflow reduces the number of tasks needed, speeding up the whole process, which means your new employees will be up and running faster than ever before.
Likewise, when an employee changes names, position or department, Stratus ID makes it easy to update their personal details and change their IT permissions with just a couple of clicks. This increases your employee’s productivity and ensures they always have access to the applications they need.
Stratus ID is a SaaS (software as a service) software solution which helps manage identity lifecycles in an organization. Using Azure Active Directory as its base identity store, Stratus ID can easily manage identities of organizations of any size.
At a high level, Stratus ID integrates various cloud and on-premise systems which require, use, or manage identities in an environment. It is important to note that Stratus ID does not contain any identity information, but merely manages identities and executes automated tasks when identities are created, modified, and deleted.
Integration with On Premise Systems
Stratus ID has the ability to integrate fully with various on premise solutions. All on premise integrations require the installation of a small piece of software called the Stratus ID Connector. The connector is responsible for managing requests made in Stratus ID and processing them on premise securely in an environment. For example, if a user is onboarded, one of the built in tasks that the connector can create a user in an on premise Active Directory. The connector also allows for the ability to create custom onboard tasks by way of the Connector SDK, which is available for customers at an additional cost.
Stratus ID requires the following, at a minimum, to be configured and running in an environment:
- Windows Azure Active Directory (WAAD). This is used for sign in purposes as well as managing identities within WAAD.
- At least two security groups configured in Windows Azure Active Directory:
- Stratus ID Administration Group – This group defined which users have access to administer the Stratus ID tenancy.
- Stratus ID Onboarding – This group defines who has access to start an onboard process.
- Stratus ID Changes – This group defines who can modify users and manage identities in the environment.
- Stratus ID Reporting – This group defined who can view reports generated by Stratus ID and its internal processes
Stratus ID Connector Requirements
- A domain service account with privilege to execute connector tasks. For example:
- Read/write user accounts in a specific OU.
- Connect and manage components in an SCCM site.
- A windows 2008 R2 Server, Windows 2012, or Windows 2012 R2 server.
- Administrative access to the server to install the connector.
- Outbound port 22338 firewall access to Stratus ID
If you have any questions about Stratus ID, please send us a message and we will be happy to help.